For the 2016 season and beyond, Hobart Football Club in accordance with football department strategy decided on developing a youth-style academy with the following objectives:
- To fast track the development of identified talented youth through more specialised training sessions, and allowing participants to gain a greater volume of quality training
- To create a bond between players in age groups ranging from U14 – seniors, using the medium of an “extension” of their current training regimes.
- To provide specific training and teaching sessions, with a view to further developing the selected players on a continuous basis.
- To introduce new young players to the vision for the Hobart Football Club.
- To better prepare players for Senior pathway selection.
- To create or build on the current culture of players “playing for life” at HFC, if that is the highest level they achieve in their careers.
Throughout the year, training sessions will take place prior to senior training on Tuesday evenings at 5pm with some alternate sessions to be confirmed.
For details contact Mark Beck on 0439 446 439